A lot of attention is given to the baby Jesus in the manger at Christmas time. It is a humble setting, usually portrayed in a stable with animals. If this was so, it would have been a smelly place, certainly not what you would think of for the King of kings and Lord of lords.
His parents took Him to Nazareth. This despised city became His home for the next 30 years, until He began His ministry in Galilee. It lasted for three and a half years, with no place to lay His head. During this time, He was rejected by His own people and the Jewish leaders sought to kill Him. He was betrayed, arrested, hit and spit upon, falsely accused, mocked, scourged and crucified. He was forsaken, denied and doubted even by those closest to Him.
1. When was Jesus born?
2. Was Jesus born in a stable?
3. Did the wise men come to the manger when Jesus was born?
4. How many wise men visited Jesus?
5. How many gifts did they bring to Jesus?
6. How many times does the Bible mention “Christmas”?
7. Did the church of the New Testament observe a Christmas holiday?
Robert Dodson is the Preaching Minister for the Northwest Church of Christ.
6059 Azle Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76135