According to the King James Bible, Jesus teaches us to pray these words: “Lead us not into temptation.” Pope Francis says, “It’s not a good translation. It is I who fall, it is not God who throws me into temptation and then sees how I fell.” He suggests we pray “do not let us fall into temptation.”
The problem is not in translation. The King James Version of Jesus’ model prayer is a very literal translation. Jesus really did say, “Lead us not into temptation.”
1. When was Jesus born?
2. Was Jesus born in a stable?
3. Did the wise men come to the manger when Jesus was born?
4. How many wise men visited Jesus?
5. How many gifts did they bring to Jesus?
6. How many times does the Bible mention “Christmas”?
7. Did the church of the New Testament observe a Christmas holiday?
Robert Dodson is the Preaching Minister for the Northwest Church of Christ.
6059 Azle Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76135